Senior Communications Associate
Are you an experienced Communications Associate looking to grow your career with an international non-profit organization? Then this is the right opportunity for you to join our team. Read on…..
MCD Global Health is a nonprofit global health organization recognized in the United States and around the world as a leader, innovator, and trusted partner.
Our Vision & Mission:
We envision a world in which all people have access to high quality and enduring solutions to improve and maintain their health and well-being. MCD aspires to be a premier partner of choice and an internationally recognized leader, innovator, and trusted partner in applied, cross-national public health solutions. Our mission is to improve the health and well-being of people worldwide through enduring, high-quality, cost-effective, and universally accessible public health solutions.
We’re looking for the newest full-time member for our small, dynamic communications team at a mission-focused public health nonprofit, MCD Global Health. Proficiency in French, Spanish, and/or Portuguese required as we continue building our language-friendly culture. Communications experience in public health or international development preferred. Strong writing skills and/or graphic design skills preferred. We are a team-oriented, flexible, remote-first workplace with comprehensive benefits.
The Senior Communications Associate will support MCD Global Health in its strategic mission to communicate its accomplishments more effectively and aid in business development efforts. This position will work closely with the Communications Unit, program staff, field staff, and the business development teams to promote MCD’s international and U.S. based programs both online and in print. The Senior Communications Associate will also be responsible for the editing and styling of key deliverable documents.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Public Health, International Development, or other social sciences or related field; Related Master’s degree a plus; and
• At least three to five years of relevant or progressive experience in communications and marketing; and
• Excellent grasp of social media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter) and other digital tools to successfully engage audiences; and
• Excellent writing and communications skills, grammar and command of the English language; and
• Experience and proven ability to proofread and review documents for content, structure (outline), and layout and formatting consistency; and
• Proven research skills and ability to read through and effectively synthesize large amounts of materials that are technical in nature; and
• Proficiency in Adobe Suite or similar graphic design or desktop publishing softwares; and
• Strong organizational skills, with a solutions-oriented approach to work; and
• Strong attention to detail; and
• An understanding of how to nurture relationships online with different types of audiences; and
• Effective, proven project and time management skills with an aptitude to always follow through on tasks; and
• Knowledge of and interest in the global health sector preferred; and
• French, Spanish or Portuguese reading and writing proficiency preferred.
Position Type: Associate level (Full Time)
Location: Remote or Hybrid in either Damariscotta, Maine or the DC/Maryland/Virginia area
Position will be open until filled.
MCD requires all employees to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, unless entitled to a medical or religious exemption. Do not provide information about whether you are seeking an exemption from the vaccination requirement unless and until you receive a conditional offer of employment from MCD.
To apply, please submit the following:
• Cover letter indicating the position for which you are applying
• Your salary expectations
Application should be sent to the link below.
Medical Care Development, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Organization