MCD Global Health creates an enabling environment for agencies, organizations, officials, leaders, and communities to improve sanitation and hygiene.
To enhance such efforts, our teams contribute to the development of strategies and policies at the national and subnational levels. We participate in sector coordination and provide significant technical assistance to the Ministry of Water and Ministry of Health as well as to regions, districts, and communes.
Ways MCD is Enabling the Environment:
- Improving governance in water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH);
- Promoting a system-based approach;
- Increasing domestic resources for WASH using a wide range of tools, such as the TRACKFIN, and through private sector involvement;
- Building capacity of governmental and local actors; and
- Developing leadership, synergy, and data for decision making.